Review by Candice C in Huntingburg, IN
Project: Install Concrete flooring in poolroom
The poolroom flooring was done well & we're pleased. However, the contractor led us to believe he was knowledgeable about our project & could complete the job of painting up to & just over the lip of the pool. That part of the job was very sloppily done & paint began peeling almost immediately. Twice more he came out, ground off the paint & re-did the job. We appreciated that, but each time, the paint began peeling shortly thereafter. Contractor then blamed the pool saying there was a "pre-existing moisture problem" (It's a POOL!) but for $750 he could re-do it with another substance (one he should have used in the first place?) We were unhappy & filed a complaint with ServiceMagic. We jumped thru all their hoops with copies of all our emails to the contractor, many photos to show the work and a letter from a 3rd party contractor who validated that the job was not done right. ServiceMagic contacted the contractor and simply took his word over ours and the other contractor. When I asked for an appeal of the decision, they were just unresponsive. I called and emailed repeatedly for over a month without a return response. An eventual response (after I asked for a supervisor) was unsatisfactory. I would not recommend ServiceMagic. They do NOT stand behind their customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Concrete Flooring
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I hired a CONtractor Named Gerald Tuggle of Tuggle Construction, to build a huose from the ground up. 15 months and it was not finished. The quality throughout the house..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "Worst Experience ever.. Do not build with lombardo homes. All it is excuse after excuse, we will tell you what you want to hear to make the buck. We..."
- "I have a 2006 trailblazer ext and the finish is peeling off the rims. The dealership replaced them once and a year later it is happening again. I have been..."
- "DO NOT USE C. Johnson Paving from Lincoln, R.I. After 2 years my driveway started to crack and sink. They say they will come out to look at it then..."
- "I ordered a duck vase flower display. The ONLY reason I paid 80+ for the bouquet was for the duck vase. So imagine my surprise and disappointment when I found..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "Very disappointed in this builder. Sold my Maronda Homes built house, purchased this house in July and I immediately began breaking out in hives all over my body. I have..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."