Review by Candice C in Huntingburg, IN
Project: Install Concrete flooring in poolroom
The poolroom flooring was done well & we're pleased. However, the contractor led us to believe he was knowledgeable about our project & could complete the job of painting up to & just over the lip of the pool. That part of the job was very sloppily done & paint began peeling almost immediately. Twice more he came out, ground off the paint & re-did the job. We appreciated that, but each time, the paint began peeling shortly thereafter. Contractor then blamed the pool saying there was a "pre-existing moisture problem" (It's a POOL!) but for $750 he could re-do it with another substance (one he should have used in the first place?) We were unhappy & filed a complaint with ServiceMagic. We jumped thru all their hoops with copies of all our emails to the contractor, many photos to show the work and a letter from a 3rd party contractor who validated that the job was not done right. ServiceMagic contacted the contractor and simply took his word over ours and the other contractor. When I asked for an appeal of the decision, they were just unresponsive. I called and emailed repeatedly for over a month without a return response. An eventual response (after I asked for a supervisor) was unsatisfactory. I would not recommend ServiceMagic. They do NOT stand behind their customers.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Concrete Flooring
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "BOUGHT NEW HOME.HAD TO BUY NEW HEAT PUMP AND AIR-CONDITIONING UNIT AS TO SMALL OF ONE WAS PUT IN. HAVING 21 WINDOWS REPLACED. HAVE HUGE CRACKS IN OUTSIDE STUCCO! MOLD..."
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "I have gone 2 Lotee's Custom Cuts, San Antonio, Texas 4 more than a year. I have always been happy with My cuts n Styles.This last week, I Had..."
- "ALmost 2 years ago I purchased some Natura paint from Benjamin Moore. It was advertised as no voc and no odor. Right. Not only was it toxic and..."
- "Dropped my wifes vehicle off for the 99.00 brake job. I could have done it myself but for only 99.00 why do it myself. I couldn't go wrong with a..."