2009 As a start up carpet cleaning business, I started paying for leads from Service Magic and mostly, I got the run around. People who had already been called so many times by other carpet cleaners, that they didn't bother answering the phone anymore or were very irritable about talking to me? Leads in 2009 were about $20 and now, I hear, they are $50 from Home Advisor.

So after getting the run around about 6 months, I finally threw in the town and cancelled my business with Service Magic (Now Home Advisor). As a result, they erased all my hard earned reviews and hi-jacked my online phone number with an 800 number that lead right back to them. When customers were trying to reach me, Service Magic reps told them I was no longer available and that other contracted services could assist me.

When I found out about this, I called the highest ranking A-Hole at Service Magic and explained to him that this is business piracy and that I was going to take them to court and sue the *** out of them. The supervisor I spoke with did everything in his power to undo the damage caused, but it took a few weeks and finally I was free of the Service Magic Curse.

Now Home Advisor is calling me and wanting my business and I gave them a history lesson on my experiences with Service Magic and told them never to call me again! These people are relentless!!

Had an Experience with Service Magic?

Comments

Yes it is a scam.I signed up as a professional and expected to get leads that were legit and would pay off in new projects for me.

The leads were horrid and I was charged for each and every call I got whether or not I could contact the client.

And even when I managed to contact the client they were not even interested in doing any work.It is a major scam and they took my money right out of my bank account and I have nothing to show for it.