Service Magic's Professional's not Professional

328 of 505 Service Magic reviews

My boiler went out in my home and needed Immediate replacement. So I put in a request through Service Magic. The First Guy that called me could come right over . He gave me a quote and the price was right he could install in a couple of days so I gave him the job. One other reason I chose this person that he was Highly Rated on Service Magic's Website.

I wasn't home for the install but when I got home from work and looked at what the Service Magic's Recommended Professional did I Was Shocked. The Boiler was Sitting at an angle. The plumbing job was terrible there was 3 leaks . There was a 5 gallon expansion tank in the attic that the Service Magic's Professional rather than draining it broke off the pipe and 5 gallons of water leaked all over the new furnace and living room. But the big thing was that the boiler kept cycling on and off every couple of seconds. I shut the boiler down and contacted the Service Magic's Professional.

He came over again I wasn't home and told my son that he wasn't happy with a regulator that he installed and fixed one leak. The cycling on and off stopped for two weeks but then started again.

Again I contacted Service Magic's Professional and he said he would be over the next day but showed up the day after. He said he had to do some research and left. I haven't heard from him since. That was a month ago.

So don't go by Service Magic's Professional Ratings It's a joke and Service Magic's Professionals are pre screened? I doubt it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
328 of 505 Service Magic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Nov 17, 2010 #212543

Hello Trisha- Thank you for reaching out and expressing your concerns. Our contractor relations department has attempted to reach out to you to try and help resolve your concerns; but we have been unable to get in touch with you. It would be greatly appreciated if you could please contact me directly at 303.963.8125 or at adoss@servicemagic.com.
Best regards,

DS

Nov 16, 2010 #212360

The contractor is clearly at fault. Hard to gauge if ServiceMagic is though. I am not sure their business model works for all, particularly the homeowner. There does appear to be a few newer sites that offer greater detail than ratings. TotalHousehold.com has ratings, pics of work, and license information. It might be another good resource.

DS

Nov 16, 2010 #212357

Trisha Buchen

Nov 12, 2010 #210858

I also went though service magic to find a '***'tractor Rick Micheal with Mid-America Construction to replace my roof. I had nothing but problems. He was paid in full 8/30/10, he started my roof 9/25/10 in 2 days they were gone. We had many other things he was to do. 10/18 he came and pick up his tractor to do some work on his farm but was going to come back and finish. He still hasn't he was paid 4800 for a roof and it still isnt done. We contacted Service Magic but never recieved a response. Don't get involved with any of these people.

Nov 09, 2010 #209363

Hello CtDoug- If you could please contact me directly- I can look into this issue for you and see why the rating is not currently on there. We do post negative ratings- unless the contractor has been removed from our service. I can be reached at 303.963.8125 or at adoss@servicemagic.com

I look forward to hearing back from you;

ctdoug

Nov 08, 2010 #209022 Treynor, Iowa, United States

Yes I did rate the Contractor but Service Magic has not posted the rating. Which leaves me to believe that negative ratings wont get posted.

Nov 08, 2010 #208954

Hello CtDoug-
My name is Angela Doss and I work in customer service here at ServiceMagic; thanks for your feedback. We take the professionalism of our member businesses very seriously and I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We expect the professionals in our network to maintain the highest of standards when it comes to the quality of their work and customer service. Did you leave your comments about your experience on that service professional's profile on our website? If not, I would recommend that as ratings and reviews are important to help regulate the caliber of our professionals. We also have a team that mediates these types of situations and we would like the opportunity to speak with you. It would be greatly appreciated if you could please contact me directly at 303.963.8125 or at adoss@servicemagic.com

I look forward to speaking with you;

Best regards,

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Service Magic. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Service Magic.
Filing a new complaint about
×