Service Magic and their contractors are a rip-off!

457 of 505 Service Magic reviews

I had this contractor put up a gate.It was made from redwood.

He did not match sides or hide the nail marks. He left gaps in between the boards. I kept calling and emailing and finally he came back and made it worse. I called Service Magic and they are refusing to do anything.

I guess money is much more important than people. Do not use Service Magic. My gates will cost more in the long run because I will need to have it rebuilt. Boooooo on Service Magic!

Never.never, ever use Service Magic or their substandard contractors!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
457 of 505 Service Magic reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Sep 20, 2015 #1036411

This Lady ( my Neighbor ), got the Build she paid for, Charles gave her her money back and let her keep the Gate. The Gate looks great! Another item this Lady got away with! We have used Mc Queen Builders & Home Repairs for 15 years or so. Sarah Olsen

dontberedick

Jan 21, 2015 #934293 Houston, Texas, United States

The spaces have to be there to allow for expansion. If they are butted tight, they will pull away when they expand. And NOBODY fills nail head holes on a fence. This is only for finished carpentry.

1 0 Reply
Barbara Voronaeff

Feb 26, 2011 #253770

I didn't mention that I hired McQueen to replace the wood on my overhead balcony. He
used cheap wood and neglected to put silicone sealer on the side with the leak. I spent $450.00 dollars and ended up with the same problem he assured me would be
eliminated by his replacing the wood. He told me that if I took him to Small Claims Court, he would win as his wife is a Superior Court Judge and knows all of the
local judges, so they would rule in his favor.

Barbara Voronaeff

Feb 26, 2011 #253767

I hired McQueen Builders from a referral by Service Magic and was scammed by Charles McQueen. He assured me that a leak in my bathroom was due to deteriorated wood on my balcony handrails and gave me a two year written guarantee against leakage.
the next heavy rain brought more leakage and he refused to make good on his guarantee. His work was substandard and when I called for my refund, he used foul language (the "F" word) and hung up on me. I reported him to the Better Business Bureau, but he did not respond to them when they sent him my complaint twice. My advice is not to trust him, as I am a senior citizen, who was conned by him.

Jan 13, 2010 #104078

We rely on service magic and they are the worst referral service ever!

lou

Dec 31, 2009 #99734

*** service magic its a big scam.

the door dealer

Dec 06, 2009 #92566

there are bad contractors just because a man has a truck and a hammer doesn't make him a pro. the flip side when you as home owners go to service magicwe contractors are bill for that lead. we see one good lead for every 20 and you as a home owner dont see that. i have seen bad contractors and bad home oners as for i think the home owner should be billed for a list of contractors an the on you hire should rebate that cost thanks

Dec 02, 2009 #91422

Hey contractors! Beware! You build junk and refuse to take care of your mistakes, I'm gonna get you as well as your licensing board. McQueen has a judgment against them. Soooooo, I am watching and I will get you. :grin 8) :grin :grin :grin :grin :grin

Mark

Nov 09, 2009 #85354

Obviously Julia works for servicemagic. She is costing her contractors good money for which she is paying for in the end. What's wrong with using the yellow pages?

Julia

Oct 06, 2009 #76975

I am really surprised with all of the negatives. I have used service magic for various projects and have ALWAYS been more than pleased. I do get multiple estimates and I do review the project before paying. I am someone who will point out what needs to be corrected, but I am not someone to complain unless warranted. And Service Magic, in my opinion has always been above other sources.

Hi

Sep 08, 2009 #71113

first of all you must have a good carpentrer for this job, second of all did you review the job before it was fully paid.?? third, did you request the receipt of the materials they were using?? you did not hired a construction company, and I must belive you did request a discount...I would love to hear the contractors story!!

RUN IF SERVICE MAGIC HAS AMERI

Sep 01, 2009 #69739

THE OWNER JASON BROKE EVERYTHING HE TOUCHED ONE THE PUMP TWO THE FILTER THREE THE 220 PUMP POWER SOURCE HOW HE DID THAT MUST HAVE STUDIED HARD

THE LAWMAN

Sep 01, 2009 #69738

Service Magic and their contractors are a rip-off! THE THREE TIMES I USED SERVICE MAGIC I WAS RIPPED-OFF NONE COMPLETED NOR KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING ALWAYS CAME IN HIGHER THAN THEY BID DON'T USE SERVICEMAGIC OR YOU WOLL BE SORRY THEY ARE TOO NEW TO THEIR FIELDS AND DODN'T GET REFERAL BIZ LIKE THE BIG GUYS IT IS A SHORT CUT FOR GUYS JUST LEARNING THEIR CLAIMED FIELD

Jul 27, 2009 #63194

All of your comments are not helping this situation. If you worked for me and gave me this kind of ***, would you try to fix it? According to your *** comments, you have no idea what is is like to try to get this fix to MY SATISFACTION. It is my money and my gate. Mcqueen builders, service magic, h and a powerwashing and time creation are crappy services. It is unfortunate that all of you idiots are too *** to figure this out.

BOIES

Jul 27, 2009 #63169

Hey, I'm a contractor and because of your bad experiance dosn't mean everyone with service magic is a deadbeat!!!
If you had any brains you would have requested a few referances and held 50% of money untill completly happy!!!

GET REAL(you just didn't do your leg work)

1 0 Reply
Mike

Jul 22, 2009 #62513

I am a vetted contractor with Service Magic and have been very happy with their professionalism and lead service. Yes, all the leads don't work out...but all in all it's been a good experience.

JLS Commercial Roofing Service

Jul 05, 2009 #61170 Mayfield, Ohio, United States

I am a five star rated company with service magic. My company is licensed & fully insured.
Yes some of the leads do not work out, however when I quote work to clients my company has won approx 90% of them.
Alot of the public who call service magic truly do not want to hire anyone instead they are looking for free advice from contractors which is a waste of their time and mine.
STOP! crying over spilled milk. :grin

Mike

Jun 27, 2009 #60764

I'm not one to defend Service Magic, but once you hire the contractor it is between you and the contractor as to the quality of the work done. SM is just an admittedly poor middle man who only make money on sending the lead to the contractor, not on the work actually done. Take the contractor to small claims court and bad mouth his business to any friends and neighbors, complaining to Service Magic is worthless at this point.

dee

Jun 19, 2009 #60349

I guess Jordan, who is the ***, missed the point. I've dealt with shady construction men that do not know their trade. They sound conviencing but are very deceptive.

1-20 of 21 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.