Service Magic is a company that recommends contractors for home repairs. They claim to vet their vendors but anybody can get listed for a fee. They don't vet at all and they don't stand behind their word.

They recommended a contractor to level my house who not only did damage, but didn't even complete the work and just took my money and disappeared.

Service magic claims they publish on their website they are only liable for $500 but to get that you have to sign away your right to complain or prosecute. Can't find that disclaimer anywhere.

They should be prosecuted with interstate fraud and false advertising for starters.

Had an Experience with Service Magic?

Comments

Leaffilter North - LeafFilter Worthless Warranty Leaffilter North "We had LeafFilter installed and received a lifetime warranty for the system. Six years later the filter screen pulled away and off of a gutter (see picture). We..." Read more Blue Haven Pools Corporate office Blue Haven Pools "Anyone have information on who is the responsible corporate officer for the name BLUE HAVEN POOLS? We are trying to find the person responsible for the bait and switch used..." Read more Service Magic and their contractors are a rip-off! Service Magic "I had this contractor put up a gate. It was made from redwood. He did not match sides or hide the nail marks. He left gaps in..." Read more Service Magic Faces Mass Complaints Nationwide Service Magic "Service Magic faces ongoing consumer complaints, distrust, and serious consumer concerns over their negative business practices. Negative complaints continue to mount against Service Magic home improvement online contracting services from unhappy..." Read more Top Top Renovation LLC is Top Top Unprofessional Top Top Renovation Llc "In mid-September 2017, we needed a handyman to do a series of home improvement work in our Fort Lauderdale, Florida house. Improvements would include dry wall repairs, install new bedroom..." Read more American Red Cross - Hurricane Relief Lies from the Red Cross American Red Cross "In August 2017 , Southern Texas was hit with Hurricane Harvey. While this hurricane did not produce high winds , it did , drop tremendous amounts of rain that buried..." Read more Reroof America - Disgusted with their workmanship Reroof America "Reroof America put on a new roof in August 2005. In 2008 when I started having leaks they told me they weren't responsible for workmanship after one year. I have..." Read more Converse - Worst shoes EVER! Converse "I bought a $60 pair of Chuck Taylor's for both of my sons at the beginning of school in August. It is just now getting to be the end of..." Read more