Cumming, Georgia

Service Magic is a company that recommends contractors for home repairs. They claim to vet their vendors but anybody can get listed for a fee. They don't vet at all and they don't stand behind their word.

They recommended a contractor to level my house who not only did damage, but didn't even complete the work and just took my money and disappeared.

Service magic claims they publish on their website they are only liable for $500 but to get that you have to sign away your right to complain or prosecute. Can't find that disclaimer anywhere.

They should be prosecuted with interstate fraud and false advertising for starters.

Had an Experience with Service Magic?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion

Rebath - 8 months and still unfinished Rebath "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..." Read more Granite Transformations - Review in Household Services category Granite Transformations "I had my counter tops and back splash installed on 11-14-16. When I came home on the first day there was 1 gentlemen working in the kitchen. About 15 min..." Read more Service Magic - Service unresponsive to complaint re contractor Service Magic "3-30-12 Review by Candice C in Huntingburg, IN Project: Install Concrete flooring in poolroom The poolroom flooring was done well & we're pleased. However, the contractor led us to believe he..." Read more First American Home Warranty - Emergency Plumbing? First American Home Warranty "called warranty company on thursday 7:30 am. stated that there was a plumbing leak and it was in the wall. called again on friday, 9:30am. made the same statement and..." Read more Alside Window - Poor product quality, poor customer service, unethical business practices Alside Window "Bought a home (new construction) in '09 with Alside single-hung windows. After 5 years one of them started fogging up when the low-e reflective coating started to corrode. Now I..." Read more Long And Foster Home Warranty - Pass the buck. Long And Foster Home Warranty "Ive had to plumbers at my house to fix a drain stopper in a bathtub. In most cases this would be a very simple fix. The first plumber came out..." Read more Directv - Pay about $2000 a year for their non sevice and buy the MLB and Sunday Ticket. Directv "Have a problem? Can't get the Sunday Ticket on mobile devices. Spend $25 dollars more for HD if you want that! I called Mike White, CEO no response! Here are..." Read more Kohls - Khol's Cash Kohls "This program is a scam............if you forget or one day past the expiration date you are screwed. Even the store manage will not help you. No one is perfect and..." Read more