Service Magic - False claims. Sent unqualified contractor who ripped me off.
Service Magic is a company that recommends contractors for home repairs. They claim to vet their vendors but anybody can get listed for a fee. They don't vet at all and they don't stand behind their word.
They recommended a contractor to level my house who not only did damage, but didn't even complete the work and just took my money and disappeared.
Service magic claims they publish on their website they are only liable for $500 but to get that you have to sign away your right to complain or prosecute. Can't find that disclaimer anywhere.
They should be prosecuted with interstate fraud and false advertising for starters.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Contractor Services
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "My wife and I got 3 Windows, and a sliding door installed in July. To this date of Novemner 21st we have had feldco out 5 times now. They..."
- "We have a horrible icicle problem in the winter, according to Leaf Guard it's due to "heat loss". Our patio roof was added on after the house was built, there's..."
- "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "My local company purchased by Amerigas, my tank, my delivery invoices, and my bill stated to make checks out to Silsbee Propane the price per gallon goes up every delivery,..."
- "Different people twice tried to send me funds via ClearXChange. Each time, I was asked to register, and then the link said my CapitalOne bank was a partner, and then..."
- "We bought a Alan White couch, love seat, chair, and ottoman in 2004 while we were living in Texas and it still looks great. The fabric which we picked shows..."
- "I bought a Ryland home 5 years back in Atlanta. Now outside wooden mold is coming out. I submitted a service request but got an email reply without a visit..."
- "Just received the Emerald Green Velvet Skirt that cost $79.95. It looked gorgeous in the catalog. However, the nap is upside down! It even says it was made..."