Reply by Service Magic

Our U.K. office closed in early 2015. We’re sorry to hear that you had difficulties with a home service professional hired through our old website. If you have any further concerns we can address please contact us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Author's
5.0

On 16th May 2014, a Partner of this Company came out and took measurements of my Garden with regards to laying a Patio.After taking some measurements he came back in and said he could only hold a price of £1,500.00p if I paid him £150 immediately.

I paid him and he said that would keep the price of Job stable, (which I was unsure of because Service Magic says that their different Workforces come and then make a quote for free. I did feel a bit pressurised to say the least. I have contacted them on a few occasions asking for the cost of works to be brought down as I was having a Gardener Llandscaping at the time. (Whom I also contacted through Service Magic)....

Even he said he hadn't heard of payment up front either. As time has gone on I decided to ring again today and The same Man asked for a further £100 cash on Wednesday 22nd October . Please can you advise me as to what I should do now. I am feeling very vulnerable about this as I really haven't heard of this before, he also said that if I don't pay I will loose my £150.00p I had paid earlier this year ,and not to tell his Partner because his Partner wants to write me off the Books with no refund !!!!

Please help, I am at my wits end with worry about loosing another financial commitment until some works get started. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me. Kindest Regards. Mrs Kathryn Leonard, 62 Heol Pantgwyn, Llanharry, Pontyclun, CF72 9HW.

Telephone No. 01443 312967. or.

07859194045.Mobile.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Had an Experience with Service Magic?

Comments

Golden, Colorado, United States #888174

Dear Mrs.Leonard,

Thank you very much for your feedback, and are sorry to hear about the difficulties that you're experiencing.

Thank you for providing your contact information.We are looking into this matter and will reach out to you to discuss further.

Thank you.