Service Magic Scams both contractors and general consumers ServiceMagic
Sales man david reed claims to be able to hook your website for your business to hundreds of other pages and sites and promises that your website will be directly linked to service magics site free of charge as soon as you sign on. They list only the beneficial ratings of companies, and through 'direct match' wash there hands of bogus leads. Before you sign up for the service it is promised that they filter leads both coming in and also going to the contractors. Once your signed on they then claim its just advertising. Fraud comes to mind.
They claim they do checking and research for licenses in the areas you wish to serve, false claim and to prove it I was able to add Iowa for my line of work who requires contractor licenses for the state, but I wasn't able to add minnesota who does not require any licensing for my line of work. They offer there so called services in all 50 states of the United States, the goods or promises they make are vigerious 10 point screening. (more like 3 point screening)
What they call a Ten point inspection turns out to be a check for insurance to make it look good and a check on the contractors routing number along with the account numbers. Another false thing they do is tell you leads are direct match, but in fact they sent that same $30 to $60 lead to roughly 3 customers on average, equals about $180 per lead for them, and a *** off customer that go's with someone else completely do to being bombed with calls. Injury to my bank account and my reputation is on the line for buying into there sales pitch, empty fraudulent promises.
This company is immoral, unethical, oppressive, unscrupulous; and substantially can injure consumers and contractors alike by mismatching professionals the consumer believes to be qualified, contractor that is slow on work that is having a rough time, by being mismatch and potentially running there reputations.
End result, out of work contractor that may have been legit for there original field, an unhappy customer that has to pay more a second tine to have work done twice, and the people that run ServiceMagic a few dollars richer off this miss portion of others. They fail to disclose material fact at the time of sale of profiles to the consumers who later in the system are the contractors, also to the home owner slash consumer that hires these screened professionals.
They also speak against other lead companies saying how they can't do anything for anyone, (Product disparagement). The whole things built in bad faith.review #114081
You may also like
- "That's about all I can say about my experience with College Works. I should have been leery when the arrogant Intern was explaining the process as "It's just paint"; alluding..."
- "CLAYTON HOMES ARE LYERS! DIRTY ROTTEN MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE THAT DONT KEEP THERE WORD. CABINETS, MOLDING PEELING BUBBLING, CRACKS, WALLBOARDS BUCKLING, DOOR LOCKS ALL BROKEN, PLUMBING A MESS... I CAN..."
- "I went through Service Magic to hire Buckingham Exteriors toward the end of October to fix a leaking skylight and wood trim. Skylight is still leaking and I find..."
- "Our Bissell vacuum burned gray marks into three parts of our carpet. We were using the hose attachment to clean our couch and moved the vacuum three times as we..."
- "We purchased a stand alone, solid surface tub from this company three years ago, had it professionally installed, and no issues until the other day when filling up the tub..."
- "In a little over a year out of the 26 stools I purchased I only have 6 left that I had to peace back to getter with other barstools that..."
- "As a young person, I've had friends and family come up to me and push these "businesses" as a way to make money. (I grew up working fast food to..."
- "Met Sobe Leon online few months back positive I googled her yesterday saw all this on her it seems very possible I only know her for week when we..."
- "I'm very disappointed with this piece of trash. I will make sure to let everyone know how trashy your dresses are. Please do not waist your money on modlily.com..."