Service Magic Scams both contractors and general consumers ServiceMagic
Sales man david reed claims to be able to hook your website for your business to hundreds of other pages and sites and promises that your website will be directly linked to service magics site free of charge as soon as you sign on. They list only the beneficial ratings of companies, and through 'direct match' wash there hands of bogus leads. Before you sign up for the service it is promised that they filter leads both coming in and also going to the contractors. Once your signed on they then claim its just advertising. Fraud comes to mind.
They claim they do checking and research for licenses in the areas you wish to serve, false claim and to prove it I was able to add Iowa for my line of work who requires contractor licenses for the state, but I wasn't able to add minnesota who does not require any licensing for my line of work. They offer there so called services in all 50 states of the United States, the goods or promises they make are vigerious 10 point screening. (more like 3 point screening)
What they call a Ten point inspection turns out to be a check for insurance to make it look good and a check on the contractors routing number along with the account numbers. Another false thing they do is tell you leads are direct match, but in fact they sent that same $30 to $60 lead to roughly 3 customers on average, equals about $180 per lead for them, and a *** off customer that go's with someone else completely do to being bombed with calls. Injury to my bank account and my reputation is on the line for buying into there sales pitch, empty fraudulent promises.
This company is immoral, unethical, oppressive, unscrupulous; and substantially can injure consumers and contractors alike by mismatching professionals the consumer believes to be qualified, contractor that is slow on work that is having a rough time, by being mismatch and potentially running there reputations.
End result, out of work contractor that may have been legit for there original field, an unhappy customer that has to pay more a second tine to have work done twice, and the people that run ServiceMagic a few dollars richer off this miss portion of others. They fail to disclose material fact at the time of sale of profiles to the consumers who later in the system are the contractors, also to the home owner slash consumer that hires these screened professionals.
They also speak against other lead companies saying how they can't do anything for anyone, (Product disparagement). The whole things built in bad faith.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I had this contractor put up a gate. It was made from redwood. He did not match sides or hide the nail marks. He left gaps in..."
- " Inline Tile and Stone, license #789209, (aka Inline Kitchen and Bath), both owned by Duane Borad, charged me over $80,000 for shoddy work, incomplete work, and then..."
- "We were told that we'd have a water manifold system which was important to us. Instead we have 1 water line feeding the whole house. My master bathroom tubs water..."
- "I signed up to have my paychecks deposited on the Chase Paycard. I was assured that it could be used online and that I could pay bills with it. I..."
- "Diet Pepsi cans exploded in refrigerator. So all things in the refrigerator were messed up. When our family heard that sound, it seemed like sound from gun shot. So I tried to..."
- "Stay the *** away. Ordered a LP156WH1 (TL) (C1) LCD screen. It's a Phillips screen. $155.11. They ship a Samsung LTN156AT01. They said it's compatible. Can't tell you it's defective!..."
- "Here is my story: I went down to ikea in brooklyn, was going to make a new office, spend more than $1000 on office furniture. Beside waiting on that aufull..."
- "I bought a brand-new 2012 Chevy Sonic from a dealer in AZ. I bought the car because it was one of only 2 automatic cars that are designed to..."
- "I used my tumbler in the Philippines, where there was always an issue with my water or ice. In March of 2015, I took two tumblers in hope they would..."