Service Magic Scams both contractors and general consumers ServiceMagic
Sales man david reed claims to be able to hook your website for your business to hundreds of other pages and sites and promises that your website will be directly linked to service magics site free of charge as soon as you sign on. They list only the beneficial ratings of companies, and through 'direct match' wash there hands of bogus leads. Before you sign up for the service it is promised that they filter leads both coming in and also going to the contractors. Once your signed on they then claim its just advertising. Fraud comes to mind.
They claim they do checking and research for licenses in the areas you wish to serve, false claim and to prove it I was able to add Iowa for my line of work who requires contractor licenses for the state, but I wasn't able to add minnesota who does not require any licensing for my line of work. They offer there so called services in all 50 states of the United States, the goods or promises they make are vigerious 10 point screening. (more like 3 point screening)
What they call a Ten point inspection turns out to be a check for insurance to make it look good and a check on the contractors routing number along with the account numbers. Another false thing they do is tell you leads are direct match, but in fact they sent that same $30 to $60 lead to roughly 3 customers on average, equals about $180 per lead for them, and a *** off customer that go's with someone else completely do to being bombed with calls. Injury to my bank account and my reputation is on the line for buying into there sales pitch, empty fraudulent promises.
This company is immoral, unethical, oppressive, unscrupulous; and substantially can injure consumers and contractors alike by mismatching professionals the consumer believes to be qualified, contractor that is slow on work that is having a rough time, by being mismatch and potentially running there reputations.
End result, out of work contractor that may have been legit for there original field, an unhappy customer that has to pay more a second tine to have work done twice, and the people that run ServiceMagic a few dollars richer off this miss portion of others. They fail to disclose material fact at the time of sale of profiles to the consumers who later in the system are the contractors, also to the home owner slash consumer that hires these screened professionals.
They also speak against other lead companies saying how they can't do anything for anyone, (Product disparagement). The whole things built in bad faith.10699656 review #114081
You may also like
- "I had a TERRIBLE experience with a ServiceMagic contractor (Cy Cadwalader please return my calls) This joker installed a sump pump pit nearly 3 INCHES too high so my..."
- "David L. Ross Construction(DLRC), Woodlawn, TN is an unlicensed construction contractor.DLRC signed a contract to provided turnkey construction of my new home. Under TN statute all construction contractors acting..."
- "This post is to notify Home Depot that Julie Ostrenga has posted a complaint at www.pissedconsumer.com If you would like to resolve this complaint, I may be contacted via e-mail at..."
- "This owner of Sport Clips is very unprofessional, treating employess like dogs. Can not reply to emails, allows unexperienced managers run a salon with no skills, to not getting w-2..."
- "I just can't understand where any of the confusion stems from as far as billing goes... Yes the trial is advertised as either 29.95 or 19.95, but as I went..."
- "Owner, Charles Yeung (1 647 296 4721) Re: Cosy Nook, 210 Victoria Street (908), Toronto, ON M5B 2R3, Canada, admitted there was a problem and stated he would refund..."
- "All I can say is WOW!!! I've been there twice, and both times were a nightmare. First time the girl was ten minutes late for my appointment because she was..."
- "Acer Laptop screen cracked due to missing screw. Left rear case screw cam loose or fell out, causing the top to bulge and wedge between body and screen. The screen..."
- "This is my story on how Go Daddy scammed/fraud me. The one thing that's not in this is that i got a $347.10 ticket from the police over the whole thing..."